“(500) Days of Summer is not a love story. It is a story of boy meets girl”, begins the wry, probing narrator, and with that the film takes off at breakneck speed into a funny, true-to-life and unique dissection of the unruly and unpredictable year-and-a-half of one young man’s no-holds-barred love affair.
(500) Days of Summer is the feature film directorial debut from Marc Webb, a noted music video director who has lensed clips for such artists as Regina Spektor, My Chemical Romance, Weezer, and Green Day. So it’s no surprise that pop music plays an important role in setting the tone in (500) Days of Summer. In keeping with the film’s playfully unorthodox nature, the soundtrack features a host of offbeat artists, including Regina Spektor, Feist, Black Lips, Doves, Carla Bruni, and The Smiths. In a key moment in the film, Tom (played by Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is listening to the latter’s song “There Is A Light That Never Goes Out” on his iPod, while riding in an elevator with Summer (played by Zooey Deschanel), who overhears it and comments that she loves The Smiths.
Yahay I finally have it! I officially do!! Wednesday– Downloaded 500 Days of Summer Soundtrack and The Warblers Album in uTorrent! I really love Torrent ❤ Helps me a lot.
I haven’t really listened with the songs/the entire album bec of school but I’m still looking forward to that day when I just can sit down facing the Computer with Headphones covering my ears. I listened to a few minutes of A Story of Boy Meets Girl but CRAP all I heard was voices of an old man telling a story until I realized that it was likely an intro pala. So… ok.
Did you ever do this, you think back on all the times you’ve had with someone and you just replay it in your head over and over again and you look for those first signs of trouble?
It’s official. I’m in love with Summer. I love her smile. I love her hair. I love her knees. I love how she licks her lips before she talks. I love her heart-shaped birthmark on her neck. I love it when she sleeps.
1. A Story of Boy Meets Girl – Mychael Danna and Rob Simonsen
2. Us – Regina Spektor
3. There Is A Light That Never Goes Out – The Smiths
4. Bad Kids – Black Lips
5. Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want – The Smiths
6. There Goes The Fear – Doves
7. You Make My Dreams – Hall & Oates
8. Sweet Disposition – The Temper Trap
9. Quelqu’un M’a Dit – Carla Bruni
10. Mushaboom – Feist
11. Hero – Regina Spektor
12. Bookends – Simon & Garfunkel
13. Vagabond – Wolfmother
14. She’s Got You High – Mumm-Ra
15. Here Comes Your Man – Meaghan Smith
16. Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want – She & Him
ITUNES EXCLUSIVE DIGITAL VERSION:
17. “Here Comes Your Man” – Joseph Gordon-Levitt (karaoke w/ dialog from the film intro)
18. “Sugartown” – Zooey Deschanel (karaoke version)
19. “At Last” – Kevin Michael
I love this!! ❤ But it isn’t in the Album hehe Sayang!!
Glee: The Music Presents the Warblers is the seventh soundtrack album by the cast of Glee, a musical comedy-drama television series that airs on Fox in the United States. Released through Columbia Records on April 19, 2011, it contains thirteen covers: eleven accompanying performances from the series’ second season and two exclusive to the album. Performers are portrayed on Glee as the fictional Dalton Academy Warblers, an all-male high school glee club from Westerville, Ohio. Recurring guest star Darren Criss and series regular Chris Colfer serve as lead vocalists, while theBeelzebubs, an all-male a cappella group from Tufts University, provide background vocals. Dante Di Loreto and Brad Falchuk serve as the album’sexecutive producers, and its tracks have collectively sold over 1.3 million copies.
Thinking how cute Blaine Anderson is. ❤ ❤
1. Teenage Dream
2. Hey Soul Sister
3. Bills, Bills, Bills
4. Silly Love Songs
5. When I Get You Alone
10. Raise Your Glass
11. Somewhere Only We Know
12. What Kind Of Fool
13. Do Ya Think I’m Sexy?
Animal, Blackbird and Somewhere Only We Know!! ❤ ❤